FFA Dragon Can’t Cheet-o Death
By: Alex Wetzel
The halls of Knightdale High were filled with students mourning the death of a close friend. Luigi, the FFA bearded dragon, passed away on Wednesday night after a desperate fight for his life. “It’s a very sensitive topic, I miss him so much,” said junior Duncan Harris.
An autopsy performed by both Ms. Batts and Mrs. O’Connor showed that Luigi died from ingesting a hot buffalo chip. “He had red powder on his face and in his belly,” O’Connor said sadly. An investigation by the NC SBI is underway.
Luigi’s life began in a swamp with his mother and his fellow dragons. He was abandoned as a child, but was quickly recovered by the Knightdale FFA. They welcomed Luigi with open arms and cherished the moments they spent with him everyday, often sharing their own snack food.
The sadness struck Knightdale only two weeks into Luigi’s stay.
Although nothing can compare to the memories Luigi has left on the students of Knightdale, the FFA is planning on getting a new pet. “We’ll see about getting a new class pet,” said O’Connor. The choice is between a lizard or a turtle. If they get a new lizard, the students plan on naming him Mario.